Wednesday, July 1, 2009

kissing cousins

i am delighted to know so many noble people who would tell their friend about their questionable significant other or tell the friend's s.o. to back off. not one of you would take the friend up on their offer.

really? not one?

granted, that's out of 14 responses. so either my jerry springer folks decided to keep quiet or this blog only attracts the most wholesome 14 people in the world. either way, it's a privilege to know you. i did not vote in this survey. i'm not sure why. i don't think i know what i would do. i certainly wouldn't take the friend up on their offer. not to say i haven't sort of done it before. but that was a special set of circumstances. my boyfriend of five years broke up with me when i was 20 and invited his law school floozie home for the holidays (they are now married, and i only refer to her as a floozie because that's how i felt at the time. i'm sure she's a lovely wife now). anyway, i was beyond devastated. hello? i'd been with him since i was 15. so when his cousin hit on me and proceeded to stick his tongue in my mouth, i didn't object. i was attention hungry, i guess. heartbroken for sure. and just wanted to keep in all in the family (lame!). i did feel bad, and i think my ex suspected something and totally got mad at ME and called me all sorts of names. i wasn't even the one who initiated it, furthermore i was the one who told the cousin that this could not go on and that he should not come and visit me in LA.

i wouldn't do it now, but i admit that i did it then. at least i got it out of my system when i was young. right? so my future hubby can rest easy. i'm not the cheating kind.

on a separate note, next Tuesday marks my 2 year anniversary at this job. i have NEVER worked anywhere for 2 years, and i certainly didn't think this would place would hold the record. damn. 24 months. and here i thought i'd be here for 6 months. max. funny how that happens. actually, not funny at all. i've been actively doing my Secret stuff and vision board business, trying anything to get the hell out of dodge. so far no dice. the managers have been sending my scripts out, something i am eternally grateful for, and have gotten good feedback, but none of the shows have positions open right now. so i wait.

on a separate separate note, one of my co-workers, who always manages to say something subtlely offensive and yet wants to hang out with me (e.g. co-worker to me: "if someone asked me, i would say you were nice, but i definitely wouldn't say friendly. hey do you want to see a movie this weekend?"). i think she's a well-meaning individual with an uncanny ability to rub folks the wrong way. anyway, she's wearing these sandals with coins on them, and the coins jingle. so every time, she walks up and down the hallway (which is a lot), it sounds like poodles with fucking bells on their collars are prancing around. it's annoying. but these sandals are brand new, and she loves them, so she is going to rock the hell out of them.

finally. a new survey. this is a result of a personal experience. a friend's sister found out her husband of many years was not into chicks. and when she told her friends, who had pretty much suspected it all along, she was pissed that they hadn't said anything before. what does one do in that situation? respond.

i think i'm going to neverland, L.A.

No comments: