Friday, May 1, 2009

milk does me no good

my boss took my co-worker and i to lunch today (god bless her) at this place called milk. i had 3 shrimp tacos, and i can't tell if i'm still hungry or nauseous (nauseated?). anyway, there were some rather cute gentleman there today. and they were tall too! my co-worker said one of them was looking at me, but i didn't really know what to do with that information. what ARE you supposed to do when someone is supposedly checking you out? i figured eye contact would be appropriate, but that made me nervous, plus we were on our way out, and i'm not known for being quick on my feet.

we went into a boutique next door, and seeing as how the belt i liked was $399, i figured i had no business being in there, and my time would be better spent trying to get a date before the pigs kill us all. so i traipsed back over to milk to purchase something sweet. by that time, however, cute guy was talking shop with some other guy, and would not easily be distracted. rats. i stood in line, determined to leave that place with something. that's when i noticed that the guy in front of me was even hotter than the first guy. unfortunately, nothing got this guy's attention. not even when i tripped over a chair, trying to position myself at the proper viewing angle. after he ordered, i tried to look at him, like right in his retinas, and still nothing. it was like i didn't exist. on top of that, i ordered my puff pastry, walked back outside and was equally ignored by the first guy. ugh. i stood on the sidewalk, waiting for my boss and co-worker, holding my dessert, trying to look as sexy and confident as the women in magazine ads standing next to bus stops do. but truth be told, i felt quite un-sexy. in all honesty, i just wanted to sit on the bench at the bus stop and stuff my $5 treat into my mouth. and if bus stop benches weren't one of the grossest things ever, i might have done that.

my boss and co-worker emerged, and i pointed out hot guy #2 as he was leaving. we watched him walk allll the way down the sidewalk and into an architecture firm. my boss suggested i go in there, but considering i couldn't even pull off "sexy bus-rider" i doubted i could successfully present myself as a developer interested in commissioning a new building. plus, i really don't want to be the aggressor. i'm over that. that's so...bush administration.

so what does it take to get a cute guy in this town? and i say "cute" because looks do matter. i've done the whole "let me go out with him because he's funny/smart/literate" whatever and that shit is for the birds. i'd like to be attracted to the person. i need to be. plus, do you really want to be with someone who doesn't think you're cute? or thinks you're just aiight?

so what does it take to get a cute guy in this town? other than being a man (in many cases) or being rich and famous (in most other cases). i'd really like to know.
in the meantime, i'm going to spend sunday lusting over tim riggins in wolverine. yuuuuum. oh, and i must have been hungry, not nauseous, because i ate that whole puff pastry while i was writing this.

i would like some feedback, L.A.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Notice how no one has responded yet. That's because we don't know either. I would say move, but chances are you'll come up with just about the same all across the good ol U.S. of A. I'm sorry, do I seem a bit negative? Good, because I told you before... SINGLE. Chances are you'll even get a tax refund to buy new shoes & a freakum dress.

The Husky Bro said...

Nothing good can come from eating shrimp tacos from a place called Milk.