Tuesday, May 19, 2009

pause for the addendum

i would just like to briefly expound upon my 04.29 entry. the last thing i want to do is sound like a self-hating oreo. i'm all about brown people. really. and i'm quite content with my color (literally and socially). i would have things no other way, and i'm the first one to tell an ignorant asshole exactly what i think. HOWEVER, as down with the brown as i am, i would urge people to use discretion when trying to hook me up with other brown people. for example, just this past weekend, i went to get a bridesmaid dress altered by a lady whom i'd never met before in my life. as she was shoving fake boobs into the halter of my dress, she was talking about some client of hers whom i'd be perfect for, being that we're both brown and all...and i guess, happen to need things altered. what is that? seriously. and what i want to say is that i'm not down on black men or anything. that would mean that i'd have to be equally down on my relatives, and the men in my family are pretty cool. furthermore, the only long-term (we're talking years) relationship i've had was with a black guy, and one of the guys who broke my heart back in '06 was black, so i have a history of equal opportunity employment. but i do think it's a little ridiculous for people to simply look at skin color as a determining factor as to whether or not two people should date.
that's all i'm going to say about that for now. i have to get back to work.

i just needed to clarify that, L.A.

No comments: