Tuesday, May 12, 2009

is elvis dead?

no, he's alive, but barely. i've already caught a whiff of his eau d'immaturity cologne and cool self-absorption aftershave. BUT for some reason, i did agree to meet up with him this evening. this will be the first time i've seen him since i stumbled my way through our initial encounter. he doesn't get off work until 9:30 though, and i hope he doesn't think i'm going to go for the "well, it's late, and i don't know where to go so why don't we just hang at your place" thing. i know where those encounters lead, and i'm nary a bit in the mood for that (as a precaution i will not straighten up my living room or shave my legs). i will politely suggest the nearby coffee shop or pinkberry, both of which will still be open. i wonder if he will smell like tortillas and cilantro. and will he have as much pomade in his hair as my memory suggests he did before? because that was A LOT of pomade.

point is, and i'm just putting this out here now for all of your who were like "call him! call him!", i don't have high hopes for this. i know, i know, negativity is the root of failure and the wet nurse of future negativity...blah blah. but i'm just saying...i have a feeling...

but let me make it through tonight, see what he talks about (himself?), what he asks me about (my thoughts on him?), what we have in common (our attraction to him?). let me give elvis a chance. i mean, he does have a really great phone voice...

i do not understand how cougars can do this, L.A.

No comments: