Wednesday, May 13, 2009

tuesday special

elvis. elvis. elvis. first of all, who new that elvis would drive a white astro van...well, astro van sport. fortunately, i'm not the kind of girl who only dates guys who drive cool foreign vehicles with less than three rows of seating. also, i didn't actually have to get in the astro van, but i would have...

from the beginning: he called after he got off work about a quarter after nine, and, as promised, i suggested pinkberry or the coffee shop. he wasn't too keen on those ideas. instead, he said, "i like ice cream, and i like movies." okay, cool. so he wants to get ice cream or he wants to go see a movie. it's late, and i have to be at work super early tomorrow (and truth be told, i was asleep in my robe right before he called), but whatever, i need to live a little. before i could ask him what movie he wanted to see or where he wanted to go get ice cream, he asked, "so do you have any good movies?" i knew it! i knew that he would try to get in my house. didn't i tell you? "nooooo," i said, defiantly crossing my bristly legs. "well, do you have any ice cream?" "no." i wasn't going to compromise on this, and i u-turned the conversation back to our original options: pinkberry and coffee. he picked coffee.

he arrived shortly thereafter, parked and waited for me to come out. i strolled up to the astro, and after waiting for him to finish some work-related phone conversation while he sat in the van (minus 1 point), he told me that i looked wonderful (plus 1 point) and that he really liked my boots (plus 2 points). as we began our walk to the coffee shop, he grabbed my hand, an unexpected, nice gesture. we talked about the usual--family, career, maxim parties. we got to the shop; he got coffee, and i got tea. i like honey in my tea, and this particular place had those honey sticks. i don't know how you're supposed to open the stick, so i just kind of dug my nail into it until the tip broke and the honey came out. after doing that twice, i had a fair amount of honey on my finger, which i casually mentioned as conversation filler. well, darling elvis took my little honey-wounded fingertip and stuck it in his mouth. ha. i laugh now, just as i did then because really, what else are you supposed to do standing next to the creamer and napkins with your finger in someone's mouth? he did get most of the honey off however, and i think he said something about the taste of the honey, and i think i responded with something about swine flu.

we didn't stay long because he had some secret business to tend to, and on our walk back i discovered that he thought i was "privileged" and didn't have to work unlike him who has two jobs. i looked at him like he was crazy. i have no idea where he got that impression. i have nice clothes and live in a nice place, but i pay for all of that myself. whatever. we got back to the astro. he asked me if i would hang out with him again; i said yes. then we kissed a few times, and i told him he tasted like coffee, which i guess must have bothered him a little because he sent a text after he left saying, "thank for the kiss. sorry i taste like the coffee." sad face. and i, in an effort to elevate my dating skills to the eighth grade level, responded with, "don't worry. on you, it tastes nice." cha-ching! where's my diploma, bitches?!?!

so that's it. that was my evening. got home and into my pajamas in time for the daily show. perfect. as for the future...that remains to be seen.

i honestly don't know what i want to happen, L.A.

4 comments:

singleinthecity said...

I just started recently following your blog after I clicked on it on PopCandy's reader of the week and all I can say is: Thank you! Some of the experiences you've encountered or the stuff you said it was so parallel to my life it was crazy. In fact, you inspired me to restart my own blog. All in all, thanks for making me laugh today. I particularly needed it because I was 5 seconds away from going SheHulk at my job when I read your latest post.

~Ashley Joy~ said...

like singleinthecity, i also found your blog through PopCandy! i thought you were really cute so, i had to read what you had to say. then to find out you're hilarious too! oh well, you've sworn off joining my team...

that story about you and elvis is hilarious. i think i would have freaked out with someone sucking my finger on a first date... and he did it in public. it's a good thing you stuck to your guns about coffee or pinkberry.

Jennifer said...

Thank goodness you posted this! I was dying of suspense! I LOL'd at the honey!

By the way, nice response. You're improving ;)

synicalme said...

wooooow! LOL you are definitely improving on your sexy. Great comeback to the coffee text.