Friday, April 3, 2009

because i'd had nothing to write about

the universe felt it was necessary to give me something to writer about. so here's an update:
today, as i was pulling into the job that i decided i was completely over yesterday, i ran into a cement pillar. i got a nice, foot tall gray paint streak alllll down the passenger door. to top it off, i hit the pole so hard, that all the lights came on in my car like it was fucking christmas and they wouldn't go off. having been trained by my circumstances to be independent and self-reliant, i decided i needed to fix the door so that the lights would go off, and i wouldn't come downstairs to a dead battery at the end of an equally dead day. so i started fiddling with some...thing in the door and messed that up to the point where the door wouldn't even close anymore. so now...just so we're all on the same page: 1. hit pillar; 2. gray paint (so now i look like i have a two-tone door or like i did a terrible job at trying to paint flames); 3. lights on; 4. battery dying; 5. passenger door not closing. in the midst of my "i can fix it myself, damnit" moment, i somehow got black oil from the...thing...all over my fingers, fingers which accidentally touched my pants. so, 6. oil on pants.
so now, how in the hell am i supposed to take the car anywhere to AT LEAST get them to fix the light switch/fuse whatever, if the damn door won't even close?
and why don't i have a some xy chromosome-possessing individual whom i can call to take care of this? or at least complain to?
and why am i typing on my computer and eating a doughnut, while my car is downstairs with the door open and the battery draining?
because i'm over it.
i am glad i'm off all next week, L.A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so sorry! i feel like its my fault to a certain degree, i was the one that told t to tell you that your houston fans were waiting for an update...im sorry... :(