Wednesday, September 30, 2009

letter to the editor

dear MD,

okay lady friend....
i think you should cut bait with this dude... because you're waaaaay to sucked into him and he clearly is on a completely different plane of existence.
i'm sure that none of his actions were malicious or even thought out at all. in fact, i'd be willing to bet hes completely unaware.
but i dont think that time is going to heal these wounds... you're already so upset by him and you aren't even completely together yet.

i dunno... you're not crazy. i think you just reaaaaaaally want a relationship, and rightfully so. .. but this boy is not the one i don't think.
you need someone attentive and hes clearly on another planet.

thats just my two cents.

dear reader,

sadly...maybe you are right...

1 comment:

C. Anthoney said...

So, I've been following your blog since you were a featured reader on POP Candy, and I've been living vicariously through you. Let me just say in defense of the indefensible, that your friend may be right.

We as a sex are pretty clueless when it comes to some things. Even as an "enlightened" man, I feel we miss the clues. We think we're perfectly clear and we are as opaque as ever. I just went through a similar situation where a woman read my message and then told me what she "heard" when she read them... What she inferred was 100% opposite from what I felt I intended. As a result, I may have lost a potential friendship/relationship. Or I may have dodged a bullet, cause I think she was a stalker. But that's another story.

At any rate, even through the vitriol, I feel that the things you mentioned, specifically the "boy-talk" was his way of opening the lines of communication.

In your mind, you guys are well past that point, but in his, the hiatus may make him think you two need to start over.

Give him another chance.

Just my unsolicited $.02.