Friday, December 18, 2009

an observation from atop the hiatus

if you hang out/have an intimate encounter with a guy who you've been seeing for five months, and he doesn't "call" you (read: text you) for 11 days and counting, that is kind of shitty.
regardless of how low my expectations might have been (and i'm pretty sure they weren't THAT low), that is kind of a dick move.

and it bothers me a little.

it's just disappointing when you think someone gives a shit, at least a minimal shit (...they act like they do anyway), and then you realize they don't. and the more concessions and compromises you make, the worse it seems to get.

i think back to all the advice i received over the course of this situation about my expectations and men...and i think that perhaps i wasn't so wrong to begin with. my adoption of new behavior, techniques and a laissez-faire attitude mixed with more aggressive/proactive tactics didn't really get me anywhere. so...i guess i'm back to square one. with a renewed conviction about what i don't want and how i do not wish to act and how i do not wish to be treated.

3 comments:

DJ EMM said...

...jonesin' for a NYE update. I'm jusssayin'.

Mattieval1 said...

that really does suck. happened to me a few times, so shitty i swear. It gets you all attached and excited that you met a good guy and then KABLAM hes an asshole. But not all are like that, after 7 assholes in my life, my 8th one is the best. Don't give up hope, all men aren't heartless assholes.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm absolutely loving your blog, I just stumbled across it. I will definitely be following!

Feel free to check out mine, I think you'd especially love it.

www.theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com